Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grey Hair

I recently saw one sister pull a grey hair out of another sister’s head and I started thinking about it.  What is it we are so afraid of?  That someone will realize that we aren’t 16?  (I think the cat is already out of the bag!).  Personally, I like the way my hair looks with a few silver hairs sprinkled in and am perfectly fine with getting more.  (I also acknowledge that, having had my daughter when I was young, I am glad for a reason to not be confused with the babysitter as often).  I also have my 30th birthday peeking around the corner in a month or so and am ready and waiting. 
It just seems to me that we have gotten so we associate beauty and youth so closely to each other that we can’t see one without the other.  If someone looks older we necessarily see them as less beautiful.  I’m not really sure how we change this.  Until we do, my daughter will keep helping me get grey hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment